JULY 18th-23rd 2017
Fleadh Parking and Venue Info
Fleadh Gig-Rig Line-up is announced
Competition Timetables available on our competitions page
SAT, JULY 22ND
10am Competitions for Under 12 and 12/15
(Cork School of Music, Cork College of Commerce)
10am Grupaí Cheoil/Céilí Band Competitions
(Cork City Hall)
10am Set Dancing Competitions (Everyman Palace)
3pm Street Entertainment
(Grand Parade Gig Rig)
9pm Singers Club with Máire Ní Chéileachair
(An Spailpín Fanach)
9pm Fleadh Céilí with the Shandrum Céilí Band
(St Finbarr's GAA Hall)
9pm Pub Session Trail
Each Centre is managed by a venue manager who has a team of stewards – all under direction of the chief steward: Marion Roche 086 024 5098
Be present for Duty at appointed time
CIT Cork School of Music, City Hall and School of Commerce Venues:
Saturday: Report for Duty not later than 8.30am / 1pm for afternoon
Sunday: Report for Duty not later than 9.30am / 1pm for afternoon
Everyman Theatre (Dancing): Friday and Saturday 8:30am and Sunday 9am / 1pm for afternoon
Note: Each competition is controlled by the Call Steward appointed by Comhairle na Mumhan
Door Stewards must work with the Call Steward to ensure the smooth running of the competition.
1. Check everybody including competitors entering the venue, to ensure they have an appropriate Admission Wrist Band. Direct anyone seeking admission without a wristband to a sales point where they can purchase one.
NO WRIST BANDS - NO ADMISSION
Seniors & Juniors will have a different colour wrist band each day
2. Competition venue doors to remain locked in the morning until the Call Steward is in place. When the competition begins the venue door is closed.
3. Please ensure the venue door is closed for the duration of each competitor’s performance.
Saturday Under 12 and 12/15 will play 2 piecesSunday 15/18 will play 3 pieces
Sunday Seniors will play 4 pieces Slow Airs will play 2 pieces
4. It is recommended that Door Stewards stay outside the venue door as this will help to maintain order in the vicinity of the venue.
5. Always let attendees OUT before you admit for the next competitor.
6. Be familiar with the location of other competitions so you can answer queries concerning venues.
7. Don’t leave your post unless replaced by another steward.
8. Competitors taking part in a number of competitions may have notes explaining their delay in getting to a venue. The competitors must give “Late slips” to the Call Steward at the table not to the door steward.
9. Be courteous and helpful to the public as far as possible, if they have a complaint refer them to the Fleadh Office. If a major problem arises contact the Venue Manager.
10. Please ensure that the venue door is locked at the end of the evening. On Saturday evening the venue must be prepared for Sunday competitions.
CIT CORK SCHOOL OF MUSIC VENUES: All Venues will be locked and opened/closed by Call Stewards. No food or drink is allowed in any competition venue. Please ensure that competitors/visitors take away rubbish.
Venue Managers Contact List
Chief Steward: Marion Roche Martin (086) 0245098
CIT Cork School of Music
Saturday Morning - Gerry Ahern (086)074 6235
Saturday Afternoon – Gerry Ahern & Neilus O’Sullivan (087) 981 2585
Sunday – Ciarán Kelleher (087)122 3447
All weekend – Derry McCarthy (086)275 8388
Saturday & Sunday – Tim O’Sullivan (086) 838 2384 and Nigel Dennehy (087)758 0852
College of Commerce
Saturday – Denis O’Shea (087)945 5418
Sunday Teresa Bennet (087)210 9149
All weekend – Micheál De Buitléir (087)793 4504
Saturday – Padraig Bracken (087)285 1088
Sunday – Rory O’Dwyer (087) 228 7915